Its exceptional location on the Arvert Peninsula the Domaine des Claires is a tourist gem, and a goal of significance and fun during your stay.
Both young and old people will enjoy.
Some sites not to be missed in Arvert peninsula and surroundings :
- Cité de l’Huitre in Marennes
- Zoo de la Palmyre
- Vauban fortifications : Fort Boyard, Fort Louvois (Bourcefranc), Brouage
- Phare de la Coubre, Phare de Cordouan
Activity ideas « Sea and Nature » :
- Monitored or unsupervised beaches
- Surf, sailing, canoe
- Bike in Coubre forest
- Bike ride on cycle paths and ferryboat to Marennes
Our suggestions to explore the Peninsula and its history :
- Day oyster and wine discovery proposed by Arvert and Palmyre tourist offices.
- Salt marshes and forests discovery, conferences with the Association of Nature in Arvert (Natvert).
- The first circuit : Domaine des Claires visit in the morning, lunch on the river bank at La Tremblade and discovery of oyster marshes and visit the typical village of Mornac-sur-Seudre in the afternoon.
- The second circuit : City of oysters visit in the morning, relaxing on the beach at midday, then Domaine des Claires visit in the evening.